It’s day 1 of the daily blog challenge and this week, we’ll be focusing on “Who We Are”. I thought, what better way to jump start the week than with 50 facts about me! Let’s go!!
1. I’m from Detroit.
2. I went to Catholic school from 1st – 12th grades.
3. I come from a family of six kids.
4. I’m number 6.
5. My siblings are much older than me, so I kinda felt like an only child at times.
6. My dad started teaching me how to drive at age 13.
7. When I turned 15, my parents let me drive to school alone on my learner’s permit because…
8. I’m an excellent driver 😉
9. I didn’t work until I went to college.
10. In college, I had at least two jobs throughout my entire time there.
11. I have a BA in cultural anthropology.
12. I majored in anthro because it’s extremely interesting to me.
13. I had NO idea what I wanted to do after college.
14. I didn’t continue my studies in anthro because my anthro advisor told me there’s a lot research in grad programs. (Not a fan of research.)
15. I learned how to design websites in college.
16. I like tech stuff but don’t get into it as much as I should.
17. I (obviously) love to write.
18. I’ve kept a physical journal since I was 8.
19. I used to have penpal in England. We wrote for 15 years, starting at the age of 15.
20. Back to computers, I learn new software really fast. Really fast.
21. I taught myself Flash. (Too bad people aren’t into it as much today.)
22. I’m also good at troubleshooting computers. (I used to be a student manager in a computer lab in college.)
23. I have several dream jobs.
24. One of them is interior designer.
25. When I was in 8th grade, I wanted to be an architect.
26. Math isn’t my strong suit, so architecture went out the window.
27. If you really want to understand ME, look up the traits of a Libra.
28. Or look up the Myers-Briggs definition of an INTP.
29. I’m super observant.
30. I can tell a lot about a person within the first few minutes of meeting them. (Don’t be afraid.)
31. I wholeheartedly believe in the saying, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them”.*
32. I’m not into the whole “well, maybe they’ll change”. People rarely change.
33. My 30s have been…interesting. I’ve had some really good moments though!
34. I always wanted to be older when I was little because my parents always made me do things I didn’t want to do. For example…
35. I really didn’t like sharing as a kid. Hated it. HATED!
36. I grew out of it…sorta. (See? People don’t change! Haha)
37. When I was a kid, my mom always commended me on taking very good care of my toys. (Which is why I hated sharing. Other kids weren’t so careful.)
38. I still take good care of things I own. I can keep things in pristine condition for years! Even magazines!
39. Yes, I’m a little weird for that ability.
40. I’m a proud…weirdo.
41. “I like what I like.”
42. I’m always thinking of characters for books.
43. I have a vivid imagination.
44. I dream in color.
45. In my dreams, I never see faces clearly. But I know who people are because of their presence, not from their voices. Weird, right?
46. I usually have lucid dreams.
47. I have a huge goal: live on the beach!
48. I have more goals. Duh! 🙂
49. I have two tattoos. I’d like a few more.
50. I’m in the process of loc’ing (dreadlocking) my hair. We’ll see how this goes!
That’s all folks!
*Watch this clip of Oprah and Mayo Angelou in regards to my #31. It seriously has helped me so much in life. I live by this! http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/When-People-Show-You-Who-They-Are-Believe-Them-Video